Kharkiv IT Cluster
Kharkiv IT Cluster - Kharkiv-based NGO since 2015 unites the leading IT companies, local authorities and higher education institutions to introduce comprehensive changes into IT ecosystem of the city.
The objectives of the project: to form a favorable environment for IT business in Kharkiv, to promote the city as the best location for Ukrainian and foreign IT companies.
The mission of the organization is the gradual transformation of Kharkov into a national-scale IT center, the economic and educational development of the region.
Kharkiv IT Cluster was created in 2015 by 6 Kharkiv IT companies: AltexSoft, Insart, Promodo, Sloboda Studio, Telesens and Videal - to jointly walk through the challenges of that period: the risks perceptions with Kharkiv borders and IT resources flee.
The key Cluster focus of 2015-2016 was to build the strong IT community and international network to protect Kharkiv IT ecosystem.
The key achievements were:
- establishing the strong legal and advocacy practice that successfully helped protect the local IT businesses
- establishing strong embassy relations to promote removal of “risks zone” mark on Kharkiv by US, Canada
- closer IT community networking
Within 2016 the risks were well managed so by the 2017 the new focuses emerged: attractiveness of Kharkiv as innovative and developing IT location and support for capacity development.
The 2016-2017 key achievements were:
- launch of the educational platforms: kids2IT, students2IT, Unicorns
- launch of the Professional Talks: Legal, Marketing, Finance, HR and professional business breakfasts
- launch of the professional services within the IT Cluster
In 2018 we continue to work on IT community growth and development of IT ecosystem, targeting the education, city infrastructure, innovative Kharkiv PR and Cluster Value-Added Services.
President & CEO