NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATION KHARKIV INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CLUSTER — Kharkiv-based NGO since 2015 unites the leading IT companies, local authorities and higher education institutions to introduce comprehensive changes into IT ecosystem of the city.
The objectives of the project are to promote the city as the best location for Ukrainian and foreign IT companies and gradual transformation of Kharkiv into a national-scale IT center.
The mission of the Kharkiv IT Cluster is to develop a favorable environment for IT business in the Kharkiv region.
- Kharkiv region - top IT location
- Infrastructure of the city
- Legal support and protection
- IT community and values for it
- 2015 is the year of foundation of Kharkiv IT Cluster by the companies AltexSoft, Insart, Promodo, Sloboda Studio, Telesens, and Videal. They created a public organization that helped the IT-community to survive the crisis period in the country's economy. It helped to deal with the risks for Kharkiv border integrity and stop the outflow of IT-experts.
- 2016 is when the Cluster develops and strengthens the IT-community, establishes international connections.
- By 2017, the organization started carrying out new ambitious goals, consisting particularly in developing Kharkiv as an innovative IT-location.
- 2018 is when the Cluster works on the growth of the IT-community and development of IT-ecosystem. The Cluster focuses on education, city infrastructure, PR of Kharkiv, and Value-Added Services for the organization members.
- 2019 is when Kharkiv IT Cluster increased by 23 new members, found new business partners and five educational partners.
- 2020 is when the Cluster expands and actively implements projects in the main directions: education, interaction with authorities, PR of the city, IT-community, office and residential infrastructure, and smart city.
- 2021 — Kharkiv IT Cluster conducted Kharkiv IT Research 2021n September - the largest international event for IT business leaders according to Forbes. Launches the IT Certification project was launched to improve the state IT-education.
- 2022 — Two new projects were launched in January - Tech women communITy for women in senior positions in IT and Investment Club. With the start of the full-scale war, Kharkiv IT Cluster launched several humanitarian areas of work within the IT4Life project.
President & CEO