AnyforSoft: the company culture
AnyforSoft, a Ukrainian company focused on Drupal- and JS-based development, has grown from 3 to 80 people in a few years. A well-built culture streamlined the consistent growth.
We are going to tell you more about the corporate values of AnyforSoft and figure out how the company helped to make a significant contribution to the Drupal platform development.
Basis of the organizational culture of AnyforSoft
AnyforSoft team is a group of like-minded people with similar priorities and values. Here are main priorities of the company that define its development.
- Ongoing team interaction: all the team members collaborate, help each other, and try to optimize work processes in every possible way.
- Structured workflows: the company has its own Wiki and project documentation that transparently describe project practices and solutions.
- Responsibilities hierarchy: all the team members are equal, but there are those responsible for completing tasks and delegating them to other team members.
- Transparency: all team workflows are based on transparency. For example, during recruiting, candidates receive comprehensive information about everything that awaits them — work conditions, practices. As a result, 99% of candidates get what they expect and even more. AnyforSoft team members are always open to communication with the client at any stage of the project, so there is no misunderstanding between the parties.
- Constant feedback: the achievement of product quality is ensured by taking into account the opinions of both team members and the customer.
- Minimum of bureaucracy: the team managed to leave behind complex management procedures and approvals, thus significantly increasing work efficiency.
- Flexible schedule and remote work: the company has always welcomed remote work, although those who prefer the office are free to work there.
- Customer-focused strategy: there is a living person with his own business needs and goals behind every product. Thus, the principal quality attributе of AnyforSoft is to meet the business goals of a customer.
- Flexibility: the company strives to be aware of the top-notch developments and use them in created solutions; however, it doesn’t sacrifice well-known technologies that have already proven their effectiveness.
Remote work as the main AnyforSoft feature
As a rule, the majority of job seekers of the company find the option of remote work extremely appealing. Hence, a question arose: don’t the employees lose motivation if working remotely? AnyforSoft managed to mitigate this aspect through continuous feedback.
Indeed, outside the office, it is harder to feel needed than when social roles are sustained, and everything around — from a ballpoint pen to a list of today’s tasks reminds that you are a team player, with your responsibilities and goals. Working remotely, the risk of getting staff emotional burnout or depression is indeed much higher.
The company managed to avoid these pitfalls by binding personal employee goals to the goals of the company, and also by constant feedback. To do so, the company:
- Schedules regular calls to discuss plans
- Uses chats for conversations not related to work
- Discussed changes to the common rules: a schedule that is convenient for employees, updates in general work, or particularly in a definite project.
In addition, the CEOs always try to establish informal contact with team members so that each of them feels understood and knows that, if necessary, he or she will always get help they need.
The role of AnyforSoft in Drupal development
Drupal development has been the leading service of AnyforSoft since the establishment of the company. Extensive experience in Drupal CMS, as well as a deep knowledge of custom PHP frameworks, allow the team to implement custom, and scalable solutions in their work.
Due to its properly structured cultural values, AnyforSoft managed to become one of the most significant contributors to the Drupal 8 core, the SMTP module for Drupal 8, as well as the Taxonomy Machine Name and GMap modules.
On top of that, the company was a sponsor of DrupalCamp Kyiv and Drupal IronCamp Prague, and its speakers performed at Drupal CodeSprint Kyiv, MoldCamp, Drupal North, and other Drupal events in Ukraine. Considering the pandemic terms, during the past year, members of the AnyforSoft team participated in the virtual cafe Drupal #3.
Today, AnyforSoft is a demanded provider of digital solutions in the field of Media, education, and online retail, as well as a leading Drupal, JS, and PHP company in Eastern Europe. AnyforSoft headquarters are located in Ukraine and Latvia.
Nevertheless, the team is enthusiastic about the challenges it faces and doesn’t allow the strict quarantine limitations to impact their work. Offline meetings with the team at AnyforSoft also have a right to exist but they are usually one-time occasions.
As we can see, the company is distinguished by a unique internal culture not typical for many domestic companies with a free schedule and remote work at the heart of it. Isn’t it a paradise for a modern IT specialist? To learn more about AnyforSoft’s contribution to the Drupal content management system, read the blog, or follow the link.