Tips for learning a new language from Kharkiv IT Cluster
Did you decide to learn a new language in the summer and don’t know where to start?
We have prepared tips for learning a language that will make the process way more productive and entertaining!
Here are some tips from the Kharkiv IT Cluster.
- Find motivation. If you do not have a weighty reason to learn a new language, you will quit soon enough.
- Find a partner to learn the language together for support and additional motivation.
- If you cannot find a study partner, talk to yourself. Of course, you don’t have to do it in public, but you can practice at home.
- Decide how much time you have for learning. Exercising four hours on the weekend is a bad idea, as you should practice every day. We recommend you study for two hours three times a week, and 15-30 minutes daily.
- Watch movies, TV shows, interviews, listen to podcasts. The main thing is to choose your level. Watch an episode with subtitles first, then watch the same episode without them.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. If a person understands you, it is a good sign. With time, your pronunciation will get better, and mistakes will almost disappear.
You don’t have to become a polyglot and learn a new language every season. Practice and improve at least your English, it would come in handy!
Become better together with the Kharkiv IT Cluster, and do not forget to «like» our post.
Also, read about our selection of podcasts to learn English!