Life hacks: how to plan your time right
You often hear that planning your time is extremely important, but you still don’t know how to do it right? Here are some life hacks from Kharkiv IT Cluster so you can have everything done by the end of the day.
- Set priorities: first of all, complete those tasks that require more time and energy. In no case change the order of execution, because this way your tasks will wander from one day to another. Pay attention to the ABC method, the Eisenhower method, and the «eat the frog» method. Correct them for yourself.
- Count the time: if you can complete a task in an hour, add another 15–20 minutes to the plan. Nobody has canceled force majeure yet.
- The plan should be simple and clear: write everything in detail. Sometimes a tiny subtask lengthens the execution time, and other tasks would suffer from this.
- When planning tasks, keep in mind that there are only 24 hours in a day, and you also need to sleep, eat, and rest.
- Do not get distracted by phone calls, emails, and alerts. Nothing will happen in the world if you answer a little bit later.
- When planning in the evening, imagine NOT the best version of yourself that likes to be lazy, and try to plan everything in the way you would not cancel anything. Remember that motivation and energy will not appear tomorrow or on a «magical» Monday.
The most important thing in planning is discipline. It does not end by writing a plan in the evening. Take small steps to your goal and don’t be upset if not everything goes according to a plan.
Become better with Kharkiv IT Cluster and wait for new and time-tested life hacks!