Inside the profession: how to create a cool logo
Every brand has its logo, the signature of the company. A logo is not just a nice sign, it is a history, positioning, and chosen colors.
Today, we’d like to share with you some lifehacks on how to create cool logos.
Here are our tips:
- Before designing, analyze a brand’s mission, tasks, and audience. Understand what people like and what they need.
- Analysis will help you understand what colors to use (green for trust or red for fast decisions), the type of transitions (sharp or smooth), either to use a drawing or a name.
- Do not forget about competitors. Your logo should be unique.
- Create a laconic logo people can easily remember. Do not add bulky elements. The first logo of the Apple company mentioned in our previous post is a bad example.
- Logo should look harmonic on different placements, either it is a document, pen, notebook, flag, or a business card.
- When your logo is ready, print it to see how it looks.
- If the company operates internationally, create a logo that everybody will understand. For example, write the brand name in English and avoid using ambiguous signs.
- Avoid using scripts with curls and so on. The easier the script the easier it is for understanding.
One more hint: get inspired by other logos on the platforms like LogoPond, Logo Moose, Logo Gala, LogoSpire.
Save the Kharkiv IT Cluster’s post on Instagram while we are getting for you more useful lifehacks.