Beetroot’s Event Emphasizes Impact Culture, Unveils 2022 Sustainability Report
Beetroot, an international ecosystem of individuals, companies, and organizations operating in Tech and Education, announced the agenda for its upcoming online event, “Navigating Uncertainty: How Impact-Driven Culture Builds Resilience,” which will explore the power of fostering an impact culture in the face of challenges.
The event, scheduled to take place on June 1, 2023, will feature an introductory presentation by Andreas Flodström, CEO and co-founder of Beetroot. Andreas will provide insights into Beetroot’s experience throughout 2022, including the company’s remarkable resilience during the Russian full-scale war against Ukraine and the free world, and creating a positive impact amid adversity. The talk will draw from the Beetroot Sustainability Report 2022, delving into the strategies and initiatives that enabled Beetroot to successfully handle challenges and make a meaningful difference.
“Equipped with our solid experience, united around our core values, and inspired by the incredible bravery of Ukrainians and support from our fantastic clients and partners, we learned to handle electricity cuts and work from shelters. Moreover, the Beetroot ecosystem expanded to Bulgaria, Poland, and Moldova while enhancing our presence in the U.S. market,” said Andreas Flodström, CEO and co-founder of Beetroot.
Some of the key highlights from the report include:
- Despite the hardships the company’s Ukrainian team faced, the Beetroot ecosystem generated a total economic impact of $56.7 million, representing a 20% increase.
- Thanks to the support of nearly 600 donors, the Beetroot Aid for Ukraine Fund has substantially impacted humanitarian aid, education, and community restoration. Through over 50 grassroots initiatives, around 8,000 individuals have received vital assistance, empowering them to rebuild their lives and communities.
- Beetroot Academy provided over 800 scholarships to individuals from vulnerable communities, empowering them with valuable tech skills and opportunities for personal growth.
- The Beetroot ecosystem contributed to creating 4,500 employment opportunities, directly and indirectly.
- The company sponsored planting 10,000 trees in de-occupied regions to compensate for its unavoidable carbon footprint and help restore the Ukrainian ecosystem damaged by the war.
A dynamic panel discussion will follow the presentation, introducing esteemed industry experts, including Konstantin Vasyuk, Executive Director at IT Association Ukraine, Alina Konovalchenko, Director of Operations at UN Global Compact Ukraine, and Dominique Piotet, co-founder and CEO of Team4Humanity, all sharing their perspectives on social change practices within organizations.
The panel will explore actionable strategies for fostering an impact-driven culture, address challenges faced during integration, and discuss successful collaborations and partnerships that have driven positive change and resilience.
To reserve a spot at the Navigating Uncertainty event, please visit Eventbrite. For more information about Beetroot’s sustainability efforts and to access the 2022 Sustainability Report, please visit Beetroot website.